I talk all the time about 5 second decisions. Believe it or not, it only takes 5 second to change your life.
I changed my own life one 5 second decision at a time. And over 100,000 people have written to me about how 5 second decisions have shaken up their lives – in all of the best ways.
How? The 5 Second Rule.
The 5 Second Rule is simple, powerful, and takes you from thinking to doing.
The moment you have an instinct to act on a goal, you must physically move within 5 seconds or your brain will kill it.
It’s a tool that revolutionized my life, and that’s why I’m sharing it with you. If you already know about the 5 Second Rule, you understand the power that lies in every single 5 second moment.
And if you don’t, or if you want to learn more about it, click here.
Before you start using the Rule, 5 second intervals may seem meaningless – how can such a short period of time make a difference?!
But as you start using the Rule, you understand that life is made up of 5 second decisions – and that every 5 second interval counts.
5 second decisions have impacted me so much, so I decided to figure what else happens in 5 seconds.
The results are amazing.
Did you know that in the world, every 5 seconds…
- The universe expands by 46 miles
- About 500,000 chemical reactions take place in every cell of the body
- 17 million emails are sent
- 9.98 tons of trash are thrown into the ocean
- The sound of thunder travels one mile
- 15,800 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls
- A sloth can move a little over one foot
- 55 trees are cut down in the Amazon rainforest
- 47 new websites are created
- The average person in the world makes $0.001
- Bill Gates makes $1,250
- Americans consume 1,750 slices of pizza
- 205,000 Facebook posts are posted
- Almost 80,000 pounds of trash are thrown away in the USA
- 21 babies are born
- 500 lightning strikes hit the ground
- 80 million tons of water have evaporated from the Earth’s surface
And to show the power of every moment, in just one second…
- The New Horizons spacecraft, the fastest ever, can travel 16.26 kilometers
- The world’s fastest computer can perform 33,860,000,000,000,000 calculations
- The world’s fastest enzyme, carbonic anhydrase, can catalyze 600,000 chemical reactions
- There are 54,907 Google searches
- You can form snap judgments on up to ten unfamiliar faces
- $3.4 million worth of goods and services are produced in the world
In our own lives, 5 seconds can often seem like almost nothing. 5-4-3-2-1 passes so quickly.
When you take control of those 5 seconds by using them to propel you forward, things start to change. In a big way. And these changes compound. In 5 seconds, the universe expands by 46 miles. And as those 5 second intervals add up, the expansion gets bigger and bigger and bigger.
Every 5 seconds matters. So use the 5 Second Rule to improve your life, 5-4-3-2-1-GO – and then let me know what happens.
You can learn more about the 5 Second Rule here.